Notifications
Clear all

Greetings From East Texas

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

I have been making knives by stock removal for 30+ years and have finally seen the light and moved over to forging! Having recently completed the Basic Forging class in Washington with Jim Crowell and Timothy Potier, I can honestly say I learned more in that two week class than I ever have on my own. What an amazing experience. I only wish I had started a little earlier in life---I'm getting a little long in the tooth. I'm finishing up my propane forge (have been using coal) and ready to start having fun. The ABS family is the most giving and friendly group I have been associated with in a long time.

Posted : 27/06/2016 4:16 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Joey

Welcome, I do not think I have met anyone who has taken an Intro. class and did not totally enjoy it.

I was enrolled in the Feb.- March, class this spring with Mike Williams, and Brion Tomberlin, two very outstanding teachers.

I was also there at the Spring, Hammer-in, with classes taught by Jim Crowell, and Timothy Potier, and yes they were outstanding as well.

Maybe see you at the Fall, Hammer-in.

Enjoy the forging.

Anthony Griggs

Posted : 27/06/2016 6:13 pm

Welcome to the ABS and forum Mr. Waters.

Posted : 27/06/2016 8:10 pm
Lin Rhea

Welcome to the ABS.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 28/06/2016 8:57 am
Admin_DJC305

Joey

Welcome to the American Bladesmith Society and the ABS Forum.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 28/06/2016 9:25 am
Estimable Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Joey

Glad you joined the ABS. Where in East Texas do you live? I hunt south of Lufkin in Diboll but live in Houston.

Scott

Posted : 28/06/2016 8:15 pm
BrionTomberlin

Welcome Joey. Good to see you here. It was good to meet you at the hammer in. Or should I say the Friday before.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 28/06/2016 9:41 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Joey

Glad you joined the ABS. Where in East Texas do you live? I hunt south of Lufkin in Diboll but live in Houston.

Scott

Scott--I live on Cedar Creek Lake which is 1.5 hrs from Lufkin.

Posted : 30/06/2016 1:41 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Welcome Joey. Good to see you here. It was good to meet you at the hammer in. Or should I say the Friday before.

Brion

Thanks Brion! I had 12 days of total fun and learning in Washington. Can't wait to return! Joey

Posted : 30/06/2016 1:43 pm
New Member Guest

Welcome Joey. Glad to have you here.

Chris

Posted : 01/07/2016 9:03 am
Share: