Notifications
Clear all

Hello everyone!

4 Posts
3 Users
4 Likes
Joseph Dickens
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

Joe here, currently in Seattle, WA, but moving to Aurora, IL next week for more shop space. I've been forging household items and ornamental work (coat racks etc) as a hobby for a few years now, and started with stock removal knives a couple of years back. I'm just getting started with forging the blades as well, and am completely smitten with the process. I'm very excited to be putting the final edge on my first real forged knife today. I'm happy to be here and look forward to improving my skills going forward.

Posted : 08/09/2021 11:19 am
Kevin R. Cashen
Estimable Member Admin

Welcome Joe. 

Posted : 08/09/2021 11:48 am
Ed Caffrey
Prominent Member Master Bladesmith

Welcome aboard Joe!  I just spent a few days in Seattle, seeing Docs at U of W..... last time I was there was pre-pandemic, and from what I saw, I think you're making a good choice heading to Aurora. IL.  😉 

Ed Caffrey, ABS MS
"The Montana Bladesmith"
www.CaffreyKnives.net

Posted : 12/09/2021 6:12 pm
Joseph Dickens
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

Unfortunately I found the quality of life there went downhill for several reasons after covid hit, while the prices just kept rising. I'm in my new place in Aurora now still getting unpacked, but I should have my shop back up and running within the next month. Can't wait to get back to it. 

Posted : 03/10/2021 10:53 am
Share: