Notifications
Clear all

Hello From Hershey Pa

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Thaddeus Stager
Eminent Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

My name is Thaddeus Stager and I live in Hershey PA. I started making knives a few years ago after I read a tutorial on how to turn a file to a knife just using basic tools around the house. I read as much as I could and watched several videos on tips and techniques to forging and heat treating. About two years ago, I made the trip to New England School of Metalwork and and took the hunter class that was taught by Nick. I learned a ton and still refer back to the notes I took there.

I don't really know why it took me so long to join, but here I am!

Thad

Posted : 26/11/2015 6:49 am
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Good morning Thaddeus. Happy Thanksgiving.

It sounds as if you are on a very good start. The members here are the best. I know you will enjoy being a member.

Anthony Griggs

Posted : 26/11/2015 10:52 am
Admin_DJC305

Thad

Welcome to the American Bladesmith Society and the ABS Forum.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 26/11/2015 11:03 am
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith

Hey there Thad!

Welcome to the ABS Forum. I actually don't live too far from you (Hampstead, Md.). You should come down to the "Museums by Candlelight" at the William F. Moran Jr. Forge on Dec. 12th William F. Moran, Jr. Museum Events. There are other members there, some forging demos, and Bill Moran knives on display. It'd be great to meet you!

Ed C.

Posted : 28/11/2015 9:20 pm
Thaddeus Stager
Eminent Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

Thanks guys!

Ed, that does sound like it would be a great time but it is the same day as a blacksmithing gathering up here and I need a little help on my forging skills... I will keep an eye on that calendar for upcoming events though, thanks for sharing and if anything else comes up in the area around us, I would defiantly be interested!

Thanks,

Thad

Posted : 30/11/2015 7:51 am
Share: