Notifications
Clear all

Hello From Indiana!

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello my name is Brandon Veatch (V-ee-ch), and I am a new apprentice. I reside in Solsberry Indiana which is south west of Bloomington in the southern part of the the state. I have always had a love of knives, and have been dabbling in the area for a while. When I couldn't make knives I read books about it working towards the ability to make something with materials. I really appreciate all the help that knife-makers have given through the internet, videos, or books. I am very thankful for all those promoters of the craft that are out there because without them I would not be here.

Thank you again,

Brandon

Posted : 01/09/2020 3:57 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Brandon

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

Posted : 01/09/2020 8:08 pm
BrionTomberlin

Welcome Brandon. It is good to have you here on the forum and in the ABS.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 01/09/2020 8:13 pm
Karl B. Andersen

Welcome to the group! It's not too difficult to get us to talk - just ask!

Karl B. Andersen

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 02/09/2020 7:30 am
Topic starter

Thank you all! I appreciate it!

Brandon

Posted : 03/09/2020 7:08 am
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Brandon, if you find yourself in Evansville in Southwestern Indiana, look me up. We have a local knife club and a blacksmithing group as part of Southern Indiana Antiques and Machinery Club, working on hooking up with the Indiana Blacksmith Association. Check out the IBA website for a group near you.

Posted : 09/09/2020 12:47 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Brandon, if you find yourself in Evansville in Southwestern Indiana, look me up. We have a local knife club and a blacksmithing group as part of Southern Indiana Antiques and Machinery Club, working on hooking up with the Indiana Blacksmith Association. Check out the IBA website for a group near you.

Thank you! I visit the location in Odon (1st Saturday of the month) when I can. I was wondering if we had anyone close to me in ABS as well. Its great to meet you! Thank you for the invite!

Brandon

Posted : 10/09/2020 1:31 pm

Hey Brandon, welcome here, nice to have you.

Posted : 05/10/2020 12:21 pm
Share: