Notifications
Clear all

Hello From Lemoore, California

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
New Member Guest

Good Morning,

My name is Elijah Waddle. I am an Active Duty Naval Officer. I am brand new to bladesmithing. I am currently working on my first knife with a local Journeyman. I look forward to learning from and working with you all!

Posted : 04/05/2017 12:21 pm
New Member Guest

Here are a couple of photos of where I am with my knife and one of my workshop setup. I just got the stump for my anvil and need to level it out.

Attached files

Posted : 04/05/2017 12:59 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Elijah

Welcome to the ABS and Forum, looks like you are off to a good start and have someone to help guide you. Enjoy.

Anthony

Posted : 04/05/2017 3:56 pm
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Welcome, shipmate!

You're definitely in the right field for a customer base! I currently work at Ft. Bragg and when I mentioned to my coworkers that I'm starting to make knives, EVERYBODY wants one! My biggest concern is rushing the learning process trying to make my friends happy, but I also forewarn them that I'm just learning, so they support my learning process.

It's awesome that you found a journeyman smith to work with! You can only watch so many YouTube videos and read so many articles.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Posted : 04/05/2017 10:36 pm
New Member Guest

|quoted:

Welcome, shipmate!

You're definitely in the right field for a customer base! I currently work at Ft. Bragg and when I mentioned to my coworkers that I'm starting to make knives, EVERYBODY wants one! My biggest concern is rushing the learning process trying to make my friends happy, but I also forewarn them that I'm just learning, so they support my learning process.

It's awesome that you found a journeyman smith to work with! You can only watch so many YouTube videos and read so many articles.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Thanks Shane! I'm having the same problem, every one of my coworkers here wants a knife too. I'm just having an awesome time learning the art form. I don't anticipate actually making money at this. I'm definitely going to be giving away far more knives than I sell.

Posted : 05/05/2017 11:03 am
New Member Guest

|quoted:

Elijah

Welcome to the ABS and Forum, looks like you are off to a good start and have someone to help guide you. Enjoy.

Anthony

Thank you Anthony.

Posted : 05/05/2017 11:04 am
Share: