Notifications
Clear all

Hello From Nicholson, Georgia

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I've been a member for a little while now but have yet to post on here so I thought I probably should. I started forging a few years ago as a drunken whim with a friend at a camp fire in the back yard. We found a metal pipe and wanted to make some Fallout weapons (from a video game). I slowly moved from wood fire, to coal, to propane forge and about the same progression with equipment, hammers, and from a piece of railroad track to an actual anvil. Somewhere along the way someone at work introduced me to Forged in Fire and that when I realized this wasn't just something cool I found but something that people were actually still doing. Now, a few years later, I have a shop and forge set up in the back yard and am working my way towards turning a hobby into a side business. I'm nowhere near as good as some of the pictures I see on here, especially with handles, but I'm working my way there. I spend about as much time doing as I do reading (on this and other forums) to learn all that I can about what I'm doing and what makes it work, so that I can get better at doing it and understanding it.

Posted : 22/11/2019 8:20 am
Lin Rhea

Dustin, we're glad you are with us. Let us know what we can do to help.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 22/11/2019 9:00 am

Dustin welcome to the ABS!!!

Want to see more of my work follow me on Instagram:JasonVolkertKnives

Want to get in touch with me [email="[email protected]"]Email[/email] me.

Posted : 22/11/2019 3:18 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Dustin

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

Posted : 22/11/2019 9:14 pm
Share: