Notifications
Clear all

Hello From Rochester, Ny

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
New Member Guest

Hello I am David Clarcq new to the forum. Learned some bladesmithing from a elderly farrier learned the basics before that I made my first knife shaped object from one of my fathers old files on an even older grinding wheel. Ugly useless but it was mine at 12. Have always loved knives had a huge collection of Gerbers but was always dissatisfied. Now along with my son we will make our own and teach what we learn from our experience to others it has been a goal for many many years. Thrilled to be here.

Posted : 26/03/2014 6:25 pm
Admin_DJC305

David

Welcome to the American Bladesmith Society and the ABS Forum. We are here for you so post any questions that you have and take a look at our ABS YouTube Channel for some outstanding How To videos.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 26/03/2014 9:22 pm
Rob Watson

David hope you and your son make many great knives together, I wish my dad had started me 30 years ago !! good for you sir !!

Rob

[font="Comic Sans MS"]'Never Quit On Improving'[/font]

Posted : 27/03/2014 8:33 am
Dale Huckabee

Welcome. We're looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Dale

Dale Huckabee

Journeyman Smith

dalehuckabeeknives.weebly.com

Posted : 27/03/2014 8:09 pm
BrionTomberlin

Welcome David. Good to have you here on the forum and in the ABS. I look forward to seeing your knives.

Welcome again.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 27/03/2014 9:40 pm
New Member Guest

Welcome David and son! What's your son's name? What kind of knives do you guys like and want to make?

I guess 500+ miles from Rochester is a bit far to the ABS bladesmithing hammer-in at the New England School of Metalworks in Auburn Maine in July. But if you guys are into a road trip, there's LOTS of great folks and stuff to learn and do there.

Posted : 28/03/2014 1:34 pm
New Member Guest

|quoted:

Welcome David and son! What's your son's name? What kind of knives do you guys like and want to make?

I guess 500+ miles from Rochester is a bit far to the ABS bladesmithing hammer-in at the New England School of Metalworks in Auburn Maine in July. But if you guys are into a road trip, there's LOTS of great folks and stuff to learn and do there.

My Sons name is Jonathan and personally I am partial to the Bowie's my Son on the other hand hasn't decided what he likes I have seen him eyeing tanto tip knives. However he is looking to make an everyday user to be more practical something around 3 1/2 inches long we will see.

Posted : 30/03/2014 8:39 pm
New Member Guest

|quoted:

Welcome. We're looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Dale

I will be looking forward to posting and getting input from all of you. So much has changed in 25 years lol.

Posted : 30/03/2014 8:43 pm
New Member Guest

|quoted:

Welcome David. Good to have you here on the forum and in the ABS. I look forward to seeing your knives.

Welcome again.

Brion

Looking forward to all the input I can get my hands on thanks

Posted : 30/03/2014 8:45 pm
Share: