Clear all

Hello To Other Abs Members

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Sergi Heideman
Topic starter

Just like to say HELLO!

My name's Sergi (the "i" is silent)). Born and pretty much grew up in the Los Angeles and Downey, CA. area(s). Worked in Venezuela for Delta Drilling out of Tyler, TX. awhile before the "Cuban Crisis" then two hitches in the Army as a Nuclear Weapons technician (during the "crisis"), four years at IBM and then I retired from the California Department of Corrections (and Rehabilitation) as a Supervisor of Vocational Instruction and settled in Lake Havasu City, AZ. about 40 miles south of Needles on the Colorado river.

My wife and I were on an extended RV trip and happened upon the Blade Show in Atlanta in 2015 and then the ICCE show in Kansas City Sept. of the same year. Needless to say since then I have been "hooked" on knives and crafting Knife Presentation Stands from hardwoods. I figured there being so many REALLY BEAUTIFUL and EXOTIC knives displayed that a few Bladesmiths and Collectors might consider displaying their knives on a handcrafted stand. Actually it started with my wife commenting on how so many knives were being displayed on "doilies"; we still laugh about that one. In 2017 I exhibited at the Blade Show in Atlanta and can not stress how much I enjoyed it.

I was introduced to woodworking by my grandfather who made custom picture frames back in the 20's, 30's and 40's and had a woodshop that was, to someone my age at the time, a veritable paradise. Over the years I kinda lost working with wood, but have jumped back in with both feet since Atlanta.

I won't waste any more of your time. Hope to meet and talk with more ABS members at shows and online. Love the forum and have used a couple of the topics presented already THANKS!. A special hello to Ben Seward.

Regards

Sergi Heideman

StalayUSA

Posted : 21/08/2018 7:39 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Sergi

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

Posted : 22/08/2018 7:59 am
Lin Rhea

Hello Sergi. Let us know if you have any questions. Welcome to the forums. I hope to meet you at one of the shows.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 22/08/2018 10:10 am
Sergi Heideman
Topic starter

|quoted:

Sergi

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

Thank you Anthony.

Appreciate you taking the time to say "Hello".

Regards

Sergi H.

Posted : 22/08/2018 4:39 pm
Sergi Heideman
Topic starter

|quoted:

Hello Sergi. Let us know if you have any questions. Welcome to the forums. I hope to meet you at one of the shows.

Thank you Lin.

Appreciate your "hello". Yes! If I see your name/location will say "Hi"

(Am I responding in the correct "spot" Lin?).

Regards

Sergi H.

Posted : 22/08/2018 4:43 pm
Lin Rhea

Yes, you're replying in the right place. If you have any questions just holler. You can start a new thread under the subject that closest applies to the question.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 23/08/2018 11:48 am

Welcome Sergi

Posted : 23/08/2018 1:49 pm

Welcome!!!!

Want to see more of my work follow me on Instagram:JasonVolkertKnives

Want to get in touch with me [email="[email protected]"]Email[/email] me.

Posted : 23/08/2018 6:04 pm
Sergi Heideman
Topic starter

|quoted:

Welcome Sergi

Thank you Jim.

I am not a knifesmith or bladesmith, but hopefully my crafting will enhance the beauty that you bladesmiths create.

Regards

Sergi H.

Posted : 23/08/2018 6:42 pm
Sergi Heideman
Topic starter

|quoted:

Welcome!!!!

Thank you Jason.

Hope to meet and talk to you bladesmiths at a few of the shows.

Living way out here in Arizona puts a crimp in attending as many shows as I would like to.

Next one (local to me) is the USN Gathering X in Las Vegas this coming week.

Regards

Sergi H.

Posted : 23/08/2018 6:46 pm
Share: