Notifications
Clear all

Howdy From Missouri!

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

I'm a retired Sheet Metal worker (now I'm a Pastor)...so working with metal is something I'm familiar with. I've always loved knives, and collected them...so bladesmithing is my new passion!In February I attended the basic bladesmithing course in Washington, Arkansas. Wow...what a great class! My arm got a workout! I've been putting together my home forge...making many of my own tools and grinders (still trying to find an affordable anvil, then I'm ready to start forging!)I'm really impressed with the "Brotherhood" amongst Bladesmiths! Looking forward to some Hammer-ins and Bladeshows! God Bless y'all!

Posted : 07/04/2018 12:21 pm
Trusted Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Howdy! Welcome to the forum. What part of MO are you in? I live in NE AR and am looking forward to the hammer-in at Old Washington next weekend.

Posted : 07/04/2018 5:50 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Michael

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

Posted : 07/04/2018 8:23 pm

Michael,

Welcome to ABS. I too live in Missouri, about 30 minutes sounth of St Louis. Your welcome to come by and see the forge or talk about God. Both are close to my heart. Again, welcome.

Matthew

Posted : 08/04/2018 8:03 am
New Member Guest

Welcome to the forum Michael

Mark

Posted : 08/04/2018 8:13 am
Topic starter

|quoted:

Howdy! Welcome to the forum. What part of MO are you in? I live in NE AR and am looking forward to the hammer-in at Old Washington next weekend.

Posted : 11/04/2018 11:40 am
Topic starter

Howdy Jeff! I live in Bonne Terre...bout 50 miles south of St. Louis...or 1hr. north of Cape Girardeau...I cant make it to the hammer-in at Washington this round...hope to be at the one in the fall!

Posted : 11/04/2018 11:42 am
Topic starter

|quoted:

Michael,

Welcome to ABS. I too live in Missouri, about 30 minutes sounth of St Louis. Your welcome to come by and see the forge or talk about God. Both are close to my heart. Again, welcome.

Matthew

Posted : 11/04/2018 11:43 am
Topic starter

Nice to meet ya Matthew!...I live outside Bonne Terre....would love to get together sometime...Im a newbie and would love to gain more knowledge!

...dont know if my email is on here..but here it is: [email protected] ya ever wanna get together...let me know!...Right now I just had carpal tunnel surgery...so wont be hammerin for a couple weeks!

Posted : 11/04/2018 11:49 am
Lin Rhea

Welcome sir! Glad to have you with us.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 12/04/2018 10:07 am
Share: