Notifications
Clear all

New Guy In Tx Hill Country

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
New Member Guest

Greetings,

Joined ABS yesterday. Looking to learn, collaborate, and eventually contribute. I've done some stock removal and recently forged my first two blades. I post pics of my journey on my Instagram account. However, looking forward to sharing my progress here for feedback. I'm interested in meeting folks in my area. I'd love to meet experienced folks and even rookies like myself. I've done mostly online research, but prefer to learn hands-on. This should have been my first step on the path, but I couldn't resist buying tools first! I'm here now and looking forward to the journey.

Regards,

Sam

Posted : 09/06/2017 11:13 am
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Welcome aboard! This is a great place to find knowledge and pick the brains of the best!

Posted : 09/06/2017 11:21 am
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Sam

Welcome to the ABS and Forum. Maybe you could make the Fall Piney Woods Hammer-In , at Washington Arkansas. A good place to meet a lot of people and learn. There are lots of Texas knife makers there.

You might meet someone close to you.

Anthony

Posted : 09/06/2017 7:22 pm
Admin_DJC305

Sam

Welcome to the American Bladesmith Society and the ABS Forum.

This is a community that is here to help so ask any questions that you have.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 09/06/2017 11:26 pm
New Member Guest

Welcome Sam. As stated hammer-ins are a great time and you can learn so much.

Chris

Posted : 10/06/2017 10:45 pm
Estimable Member Apprentice Bladesmith

While we're not affiliated with the ABS, you should also check out the Texas Knifemakers' Guild. We do knifemaking events around the state, and many will have a forging component. For straight-up exclusive forging, as the others said, Washington, AR is your best bet. Welcome to the ABS.

Posted : 12/06/2017 3:07 pm
New Member Guest

Thanks all. I'll definitely look into these suggestions.

Posted : 12/06/2017 4:19 pm
Share: