Notifications
Clear all

New Member From Eastern Nc

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi everybody,

My name is Chad Hollar and I've finally gotten around to joining the society. I have a tendency to spend more time in the shop than on the computer, I figured it was time!

I've been smithing for 7 years or so, off and on. I did get the chance to be on Forged In Fire (Season 4 Episode 13, Shamshir). I look forward to meeting you all and continuing to learn.

I hope you all have a great day!

Posted : 23/06/2018 7:36 pm
New Member Guest

Welcome to the ABS!

If you get a chance to go to a Hammer-in, and check out if you like the folks, and if you enjoy smithing with the help of a person that has been doing this for a while. Bring your favorite hammer or two, couple of tongs so your can try it using tools you have. Always bring your PPE gear with you. If you like it. Take the ABS two week into class. I loved it so much I took it again a year later...

Photo is of the first one I forged, and completed in my shop two weeks after the class. I bought a forge, anvil, 5 hammers, 4 tongs, $800 of supplies, and materials from Pop's on the way home. Still have some of the better handle materials, 360 brass I got from him.

Attached files

Posted : 23/06/2018 9:38 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Welcome to the ABS!

If you get a chance to to a Hammer-in, and check out if you like the folks, and if you enjoy smithing with the help of a person that has been doing this for a while. Bring your favorite hammer or two, couple of tongs so your can try it using tools you have. Always bring your PPE gear with you. If you like it. Take the ABS two week into class. I loved it so much I took it again a year later...

Photo is of the first one I forged, and completed in my shop two weeks after the class. I bought a forge, anvil, 5 hammers, 4 tongs, $800 of supplies, and materials from Pop's on the way home. Still have some of the better handle materials, 360 brass I got from him.

Thanks George. That's a great looking first knife. I've been forging solo for a long time. I've been thinking about attending a hammer in or two. Probably need to socialize more. Haha.

Posted : 23/06/2018 9:48 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Chad

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

Posted : 23/06/2018 11:14 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Chad

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

Thanks Anthony, I appreciate that.

Posted : 23/06/2018 11:47 pm
Trusted Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Welcome! Nice to have another member from NC!

Posted : 19/07/2018 7:41 am
Share: