Notifications
Clear all

New Member Stationed In Honolulu, Hi

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm from Reno, NV and currently serving in the US Navy for a little over 13 years now, my rate (job) in the Navy is IT.

I'm very big on family, the reason I joined the Navy was due to my Grandfather's sea stories, he was a very skilled person, he taught me a lot with how to work with wood. My other Grandfather taught me everything that I know about the wilderness and I'm currently working on fixing one of his old favorite belt knives. (I got a lot of good idea's from the ABS website and this forum so far (thanks!))

While I'm currently stationed here in Honolulu, HI, my wife and son are living in Tokyo due to my son having some medical issues, luckily it seems that he is now growing out of them and I will soon be back with them next year when I head back to Yokosuka and the USS RONALD REAGAN. I really want to learn how to make knives and pass this onto my son because I feel that this is a lost art, my father is a chef and I too started out as a cook and the knives we worked with were sub par compared to a hand made knife.

Anyways I really look forward to learning a lot from everyone here and I just want to say thank you for letting me join.

Norton, Michael A. Jr.

"Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it"

-Gautama Buddha

Posted : 04/02/2019 11:08 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Michael

Welcome to the ABS and Forum. Healing prayers for your son and you and family, thank you for your service.

Anthony

Posted : 05/02/2019 12:37 pm

Welcome to the ABS. Thanks for your service!

Want to see more of my work follow me on Instagram:JasonVolkertKnives

Want to get in touch with me [email="[email protected]"]Email[/email] me.

Posted : 05/02/2019 7:46 pm
Topic starter

Anthony and Jason,

Thank you for the prayers and the warm welcomes.

Michael

Norton, Michael A. Jr.

"Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it"

-Gautama Buddha

Posted : 05/02/2019 10:46 pm
Share: