Notifications
Clear all

Book For Beginning Smiths

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
New Member Guest

It's been about 8 or so months since I good all the tools necessary to begin bladesmithing, and I have been writing a book for beginning bladesmiths on how to get the tools you need to begin, as my experiences are still fresh in my mind. This includes finding a workshop, building a forge (details on both gas and solid fuel), anvil, hammer, grinding tools (from files on upwards), and a section on basic heat treatment, and a few other things. Basically all the information I wish I had when I struggled through to get these tools. Closest thing out there to this that I've found is the "50 Dollar Knife Shop".

So for newbies, feel free to use the information, just please don't distribute or share this off this forum.

And for the active makers, would some of you mind reading through a few sections of this and correct any misinformation, or give your own advice on the subject? This is pretty much the rough draft so no worries about grammar or spelling just yet.

Thank you,

Caleb. Brokebladesmith.pdf

Posted : 08/07/2014 4:18 pm
Estimable Member Master Bladesmith

|quoted:

It's been about 8 or so months since I good all the tools necessary to begin bladesmithing, and I have been writing a book for beginning bladesmiths on how to get the tools you need to begin, as my experiences are still fresh in my mind. This includes finding a workshop, building a forge (details on both gas and solid fuel), anvil, hammer, grinding tools (from files on upwards), and a section on basic heat treatment, and a few other things. Basically all the information I wish I had when I struggled through to get these tools. Closest thing out there to this that I've found is the "50 Dollar Knife Shop".

So for newbies, feel free to use the information, just please don't distribute or share this off this forum.

And for the active makers, would some of you mind reading through a few sections of this and correct any misinformation, or give your own advice on the subject? This is pretty much the rough draft so no worries about grammar or spelling just yet.

Thank you,

Caleb. Brokebladesmith.pdf

Thank you for doing that for us it will b very helpfully for this newby

Posted : 08/07/2014 8:36 pm
New Member Guest

|quoted:

Thank you for doing that for us it will b very helpfully for this newby

Could you also give me feedback on anything that could've been worded better, or anything unclear?

Thanks,

Caleb

Posted : 09/07/2014 10:31 am
Share: