Notifications
Clear all

Jim Schmidt Book Available

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

The new book on the life and work of Mastersmith Jim Schmidt is available. It is an amazing book with 231 pages and 140 fantastic pictures of his knives and many other photos of his life. Jim was one of the very first ABS mastersmiths and his imagination and painstaking craftsmanship has had a lasting effect on all bladesmiths. You can order the book from this site. www.pachi-photo.com go to the book section. This is one of the nicest knife books so far and would be a great addition to your library.

Larry

Larry Fuegen

Master Smith

Posted : 07/03/2013 10:58 am
Admin_DJC305

I ordered my copy of the Master Smith James Schmidt book over the weekend from the author in Italy. Francesco is a pleasure to deal with.

I am looking forward to the book which was shipped through FedEx from Italy and will arrive later in the week.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 11/03/2013 6:28 pm
Eminent Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

I just ordered one from Nordic knives here in CA. should have it tomorrow.

Posted : 11/03/2013 7:34 pm
Admin_DJC305

I received my copy of the book "James A. Schmidt - The Great Master" today. I have to say that this is the most incredible knife book that I have ever seen and a real testiment to the work of the late ABS Master Smith James A. Schmidt. Master Smith Schmidt was light years ahead of his time and the book has page after page of very detailed photographs of his work which make for an invaluable reference. The photography by Francesco Pachi of Italy is true art work and show every detail of each knife feature.

I want to thank Master Smith Larry Fuegen for bringing this book to our attention. This is a must have book for every bladesmith wanting to improve their work.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 14/03/2013 7:32 pm
Share: