Notifications
Clear all

11" D-Guard Bowie

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi Guys

Apologies for not posting in quite a while, but I've been quite busy over this side of the pond. I hope that everyone is safe and well and navigating these strange times that we find ourselves in at this time.

I thought I would post these pic's of the latest D-guard Bowie that I've completed. I hope you like it all comments and critique are very welcome.

ATB

Steve

The blade for this D-guard Bowie is made from W-1 high carbon tool steel. The blade is 283mm long, 44mm wide and just over 5mm thick on the spine which has vine file work along its edge. There's a clay quenched temper line along its cutting edge and a Spanish notch at the heel. The overall length of the knife is 430mm just a tad over 17" long. There are three coined nickel silver spacers and a gun blued wrought iron bolster which has been filed around its circumference. The two sections of the gun blued carbon steel D-guard have vine file work on their outside edges rising up to a clam shell on the top. At the bottom of the guard one side pierces the other connecting the two with a forged finial. The back piece of the guard is filed to match the outside of the Sambar stag and is held in place by a gun blued carbon steel finial nut.

The hand stitched leather Mexican belt loop style sheath is dyed mahogany brown and black with a front panel of python skin. There are a multitude of small round rivets around the sheath and frog as well as leather lacing, a brass patterned conch shell with brass cones, beads and horsehair tassels. This piece also comes with its own custom made display stand.

Posted : 23/02/2021 11:01 am
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Top class work.

Very nice Keeslar style sheath.

Posted : 23/02/2021 9:15 pm
Joshua States

Good to see you again Steve. Always a pleasure having you show up an absolutely slay me with a fine piece of craftsmanship. That one is seriously over the top cool.

Joshua States

www.dosgatosforge.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJMFMqnbLYqv965xd64vYg

https://www.facebook.com/dos.gatos.71

Also on Instagram and Facebook as J.States Bladesmith

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 23/02/2021 9:54 pm
Share: