Notifications
Clear all

First Couple Tries

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

I am new to ABS and pretty new to bladesmithing. Hope to take some classes soon with a local MasterSmith David Lisch. Just waiting for this virus stuff to slow more before we get together.

The damascus is my first go around making some and doing anything with it. The other 2 are attempts at a bowie and a tanto style blade. Any and all comments, critiques are more than welcome. Thanks all

I limited pics to 1000x1000 but I think they are too big. sorry Forum moderators, i will next time make them much smaller.

Attached files

Posted : 08/07/2020 8:21 pm
Karl B. Andersen

Your file size for the forum is fine. Thanks for following the rules!!!

Karl B. Andersen

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 09/07/2020 7:16 am
Topic starter

|quoted:

Your file size for the forum is fine. Thanks for following the rules!!!

okay thanks. Just seemed large. Appreciate the input

Posted : 11/07/2020 5:22 am
Joshua States

Those look very nice. Working with a smith like David will take years off your learning curve. Keep at it, you have a strong start.

Joshua States

www.dosgatosforge.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJMFMqnbLYqv965xd64vYg

https://www.facebook.com/dos.gatos.71

Also on Instagram and Facebook as J.States Bladesmith

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 11/07/2020 11:05 am
Topic starter

|quoted:

Those look very nice. Working with a smith like David will take years off your learning curve. Keep at it, you have a strong start.

Thanks....I am really excited to interface with Mr. Lisch. This pandemic has put a slow down on that.

Thanks for all the knowledge in your posts!!! I've been delving heavy into this forum and the info is overwhelming and awesome. I've got a loooooong way to go, but love this life long journey and the learning.

Posted : 11/07/2020 5:41 pm
Share: