Notifications
Clear all

2 X 72 Grinder

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

Ok, was reading all the threads on grinders and it seems I am looking at the right grinder. I have been using a grizzly 2x72 for years and pasted what it could do a long time ago. I am back to filling my plunges in do to vibration.

I have saved right at 2k. Going to buy the KMG 2HP variable speed grinder. Comes in right under 2k. I have heard allot of good and bad about kmg, what do you guys suggest .

Thank you

Posted : 01/01/2018 7:58 pm
Matthew Parkinson
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

The KMG is a solid grinder I like mine, I bought it used and have had it 3 year or so. It still tracks perfectly and has been basically problem free other than a $10 switch frying in the controller but it has a few short comings. The belt drive is a pain in the back and the tension arm needs a longer throw. the KMG also doesn't have a secondary tool arm.

The Pheer is a decent grinder and you get a bit more bang for your buck over the KMG, I have two of them and have been running them for over a year, very solid grinders that track like a lazer. The build time on them is annoying and the owner can be tough to get information out of. the build quality is .. loose, but they run extreemly wel and are very solid grinders.

MP

Posted : 02/01/2018 7:45 am
Karl B. Andersen

I bought an additional variable grinder four years ago and got the Esteem from Brett Mathews. I've used about everything out there at one time or another and Brett's Esteem is the best for the money as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.esteemgrinders.com/

Karl B. Andersen

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 02/01/2018 9:51 am
Share: