Notifications
Clear all

Diy Power Hammer - Information Requested

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

Hi-

I am looking to the ABS members for recommendations of D-I-Y power hammer plans. Thank you.

[email protected]

Posted : 02/12/2018 3:37 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Jesse

Clay Spencer offers plans for a tire hammer power hammers. It is a 50lb hammer. His plans are $30, I have seen these hammers in use and they are not to bad.

You can E-mail him at [email protected] Check out some of the blacksmith club web sights and you might can find a picture of one.

The Pennsylvania state blacksmithing club web sight is www.pabasite.org

Anthony

Posted : 02/12/2018 7:35 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Jesse

Clay Spencer offers plans for a tire hammer power hammers. It is a 50lb hammer. His plans are $30, I have seen these hammers in use and they are not to bad.

You can E-mail him at [email protected] Check out some of the blacksmith club web sights and you might can find a picture of one.

The Pennsylvania state blacksmithing club web sight is www.pabasite.org

Anthony

Anthony- Thank you for your reply and for the information on the Spencer hammer and area blacksmithing clubs! Just to be clear - when you say not too bad, are you also saying the Spencer-design can be pretty good?

[email protected]

Posted : 03/12/2018 8:55 am
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Jesse

Yes, our blacksmithing club, The Saltfork Craftsmen Artist Blacksmith Association, did a club build to cut down on the cost. I think they built 15 or so. Each member that wanted one

paid there share, and all helped each other. What one could not do someone else could. Welding for example. Everyone likes there hammer very well. But remember the hammer is only as good as you

can fabricate.

Anthony

Posted : 03/12/2018 9:52 am
Topic starter

Thank you, Anthony.

[email protected]

Posted : 03/12/2018 10:25 am
Share: