Notifications
Clear all

Testing Time And Place-Atlanta 2020

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Joshua States
Topic starter

When is the JS/MS testing date at the Atlanta Blade Show? When and where do applicants need to be with their presentation sets?

Joshua States

www.dosgatosforge.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJMFMqnbLYqv965xd64vYg

https://www.facebook.com/dos.gatos.71

Also on Instagram and Facebook as J.States Bladesmith

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 14/02/2020 1:49 pm
Karl B. Andersen

You need to have your knives on the table before the door closes at 8 AM on Friday Morning. There are two testing rooms - one each for JS and MS.

You will also need to inform the ABS

ABS bladesmiths who plan to be juried for their Journeyman Smith rating at theannual Blade Show in Atlanta, Georgia or the ICCE Show in Kansas City, MO needto contact the American Bladesmith Society through our Chairman at least thirty(30) days prior to the scheduled Judging date to advise us that you will bepresenting your knives to the Judging Panel. We need to check the ABSmembership records in advance and to verify your ABS join date, schoolattendance date if applicable, dues payment record, and obtain a copy of yourPerformance Test Certification Form. We will then prepare and certify a list ofeligible candidates for the Judging Panels.To notify the ABS of your intent to present your knives to a Judging Panel in Atlantaor Kansas City please contact our current ABS Chairman

Karl B. Andersen

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 14/02/2020 5:51 pm
Karl B. Andersen

Go to the ABS home page and click the "testing" link if you have any questions.

Karl B. Andersen

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 14/02/2020 5:51 pm
BrionTomberlin

Joshua, I believe the rooms are 103 and 109. I could be wrong. Testing will be Friday morning, June 5th at 8:00 am. You will need to be there early, like 7:30-7:45 to put your knives on the table. If you have not already you will need to contact Cindy Sheely and notify her of your intent to test. Applicants will need an e mail verification to show galleria security in order to get in early and Cindy will take care of that. She can also give you the room numbers. I look forward to seeing you.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 14/02/2020 11:08 pm
Share: