3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Noble Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

The Branson Hammer-In

Finley River Park in Ozark, Mo.

Saturday Sept. 9, 2017

In co-operation with the state organizations of KS, OK, & AR, The Branson Hammer-In will now grow into a traveling event held in each of the four states every four years. The name for the event is still being debated but will probably be dubbed "The Central States Hammer-In".

Missouri will be first to hold the event with it being held at The Finley River Park in Ozark, Mo. This is a beautiful facility along the Finley River with a 100' x 200' shelter house where both the hammer-in & knife show will be held on Saturday Sept. 9, 2017.

The hammer-in will now be a one day event with demonstrations from 9am to noon & 1pm to 4pm and the knife show open to the public from 9-4pm. There will also be a cutting competition to immediately follow. The new format for the hammer-in will include a total of six demonstrators by invitation. So far Jim Crowell,MS; Ray Kirk,MS ; and Ron Newton,MS have accepted. I am in negociations with three more and will post the complete list as well as the times and types of demos when all is confirmed.

There will also be a catered meal Friday evening which will be open to all table holders of the knife show where the knife judging will occur. We will be giving awards for: Best Hunter, Best Bowie, Best Damascus, Best Folder, Best Fighter and Best of Show. Chuck Ward will be doing the photography of the winners with awards to be given out Saturday morning at the knife show. These awards are compliments of Chuck Ward photography.

There will also be a donation of a Burr King grinder to be given away to one of the paid table holders at the knife show through the benevolence of The Ozark Knifemakers & Burr King.

This promises to be a very enjoyable and informative event. Anyone wanting more information feel free to contact me. I will be sending out a mailing this week including a full format and a sign-up sheet for the knife show. If you would like to be included in the mailing list, please get me your mailing address.

Thanks,

Gary Mulkey

Posted : 05/03/2017 10:48 pm
Noble Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

The 2018 Central States Hammer-In & Knife Show will be held on Sept. 15 in Columbia, KS at Glenview Forge (Phil Evans).

Demonstrators include:

Brion Tomberlin, MS

Steve Culver, MS

Tad Lynch, MS

Ray Kirk, MS

Lin Rhea, MS

Paul Brown

Gary Mulkey

For more information or a table at the knife show contact Phil Evans (620) 249-0639

Posted : 11/04/2018 8:05 am
Estimable Member Journeyman Bladesmith

|quoted:

The 2018 Central States Hammer-In & Knife Show will be held on Sept. 15 in Columbia, KS at Glenview Forge (Phil Evans).

Demonstrators include:

Brion Tomberlin, MS

Steve Culver, MS

Tad Lynch, MS

Ray Kirk, MS

Lin Rhea, MS

Paul Brown

Gary Mulkey

For more information or a table at the knife show contact Phil Evans (620) 249-0639

I can’t wait! Just a couple weeks away.

Posted : 29/08/2018 12:49 pm
Share: