Introduction To Bla...

Notifications
Clear all

Introduction To Bladesmithing Book Issue

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

why does it not cover Basic knife designs? really i have bought several books bot none really cover the basics of designing your own knife. it says copy a blade that been made and that is literally the entire design section of the book. i only really am starting to get how to do things like match up the tang to the riaccoso thanks to the new dvd Elements of Knife Design Form and Function, by Kevin Cashen, ABS Master Smith. I can't help but feel the abs should be doing a lot better then this book (no offense is meant to the author of the book)

Posted : 18/01/2020 11:46 pm
Estimable Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

I thhink this book was wrote for the Intro to bladesmithing school kind of like a study guide. And the intro to bladesmithing school is really just learning to forge and heat treat.

Posted : 19/01/2020 6:20 am
Kevin R. Cashen

|quoted:

why does it not cover Basic knife designs? really i have bought several books bot none really cover the basics of designing your own knife. it says copy a blade that been made and that is literally the entire design section of the book. i only really am starting to get how to do things like match up the tang to the riaccoso thanks to the new dvd Elements of Knife Design Form and Function, by Kevin Cashen, ABS Master Smith. I can't help but feel the abs should be doing a lot better then this book (no offense is meant to the author of the book)

Kevin, your input is very welcome because at this time I have been reviewing that book for possible improvements and additions. I have started on elements of a new edition, that will include photographs to replace the line drawings and some added topics. You input give me good reason to add exactly what you are discussing, thank you.

"One test is worth 1000 'expert' opinions" Riehle Testing Machines Co.

Posted : 19/01/2020 11:21 am
Ivan Judson reacted
Topic starter

|quoted:

Kevin, your input is very welcome because at this time I have been reviewing that book for possible improvements and additions. I have started on elements of a new edition, that will include photographs to replace the line drawings and some added topics. You input give me good reason to add exactly what you are discussing, thank you.

Your welcome.

Posted : 23/01/2020 12:18 pm
Share: