Notifications
Clear all

Jared Foster

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Joshua States
Topic starter

I received a FB notification this week that one of our ABS brothers, Jared Foster, passed away this week. I did not know Jared personally, but he was a fairly active member of this forum and I traded posts with him on FB.

You can read the Obituary here.

Joshua States

www.dosgatosforge.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJMFMqnbLYqv965xd64vYg

https://www.facebook.com/dos.gatos.71

Also on Instagram and Facebook as J.States Bladesmith

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 30/01/2020 10:21 pm
Evan Cihak
Estimable Member Apprentice Bladesmith

|quoted:

I received a FB notification this week that one of our ABS brothers, Jared Foster, passed away this week. I did not know Jared personally, but he was a fairly active member of this forum and I traded posts with him on FB.

You can read the Obituary here.

Oh man, So sorry to hear about that. At least he knew the Lord and wasn't afraid to meet his maker. I will absolutely be keeping his young family in my prayers today.

Evan L. Cihak

Posted : 31/01/2020 10:19 am
Estimable Member Apprentice Bladesmith

He was a friend of mine. We were part of get togethers in the days before the Texas Knifmakers' Guild. I bought my post vise from him, and he bought his grinder motor from me. I saw his JS test knife that failed, both before and after, and rejoiced with him when he passed the second time. I gave him feedback on potential JS submission knives. I also finished a knife that he forged at one of the TKG hammer ins, which we gave away at the hammer in two years later. He was always kind, and always excited about his craft. He left us at 39 years of age, leaving behind his wife Amy and three children.

Posted : 01/02/2020 12:58 am
Lin Rhea

This so sad. So young.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 24/02/2020 9:17 am
Share: