Notifications
Clear all

Relationship Between Abs, Blade, Blade Show, Blade Show West?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Jesse_Smith
Topic starter

I hope I'm putting this in the right place. Please, forgive my ignorance but I'm trying to understand how all groups/events in the thread title relate.

If I understand correctly, Blade Show in Atlanta is an event put on by Blade Magazine? Does Blade Magazine, have any affiliation with the ABS, or does the ABS just rent rooms at the show to hold their judging, awards, lectures, etc.? If there is (or isn't) affiliation, has there been any mention if the ABS will have judging, awards, etc. at the Blade Show West event in Portland, as well?

Posted : 12/02/2018 11:52 pm
Kevin R. Cashen

Hello Jesse,

The ABS and Blade (or F&W publications) are not affiliated in any formal way. The people who publish blade magazine happen to put on the largest gathering of knife people in the country so it was just logical for the ABS to coincide their meeting there. The ICCE show in Kansas city is a little different in that the ABS has partnered with the Knifemakers Guild to do that show, so it allowed us to go semi-annual with our meetings, but at this time that is about as much fun as our judging program can handle.

"One test is worth 1000 'expert' opinions" Riehle Testing Machines Co.

Posted : 13/02/2018 11:02 am
Jesse_Smith
Topic starter

Thank you, Kevin. That's pretty much what I figured but wasn't sure.

Posted : 13/02/2018 11:49 pm
Share: