Clear all

Very Sad News

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Ed Caffrey
Prominent Member Master Bladesmith
Topic starter

As some of you know, last Friday I lost one of my best friends, and the world lost an awesome Bladesmith..... Bruce "Bing" Bingenheimer, ABS JS. I don't have many details, but it appears that Bing passed away in his sleep. There will be a Celebration of Life for Bing, on Saturday, March 17, from 2-5pm at Dreez restaurant, 450 Silver Street, Elko NV. Please pray for peace for the family.

Ed Caffrey, ABS MS
"The Montana Bladesmith"
www.CaffreyKnives.net

Posted : 11/03/2018 5:48 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Prayer and peace to the family.

Anthony

Posted : 11/03/2018 8:51 pm
Admin_DJC305

This is very sad news. Bruce “Bing” Bingenheimer was not only a very talented knife maker but a wonderful person. Bruce had a table next to my mine at one of the knife shows and my wife Sally and I enjoyed our conversations with him at that and other knife events.

Sally and I wish to extend our thoughts and prayers to his family and many friends.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 11/03/2018 10:59 pm
Lin Rhea

I'm still in shock over this. I'm so sorry for the family and those who were so close to Bing, you included Ed. His loss will really impact the knife community and he will be sorely missed.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 12/03/2018 9:35 am

Bing was a great friend and teacher. He was so generous with his time and I will never forget the opportunity to go to his shop for a weekend and hang out. He was incredibly patient with my random questions and we both enjoyed getting to hear about each other’s families. I got to be at a couple of shows with him and laugh a whole lot with him. I was in complete shock when I got the text that he’d passed away. We had scheduled a folder class in June after Blade and I couldn’t wait for it to get here. It was always a good time getting to talk knives, but it was a better time just getting to be with Bing. It’s surreal to know that I’ll never be able to pick up the phone and talk with him again. I miss my friend a lot but am so glad to have known him.

Jeremy

Jeremy Lindley, Apprentice Smith

Posted : 13/03/2018 11:59 pm
Share: