Notifications
Clear all

Things To Do In Texarkana

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm hoping to take the introduction to bladesmithing class from February 25 to March 8. For those that have been there which hotel is the best? Are there things to do in the area over the weekend? I'll be driving so transportation wont be a problem. Thanks

Posted : 04/12/2018 9:35 am
Trusted Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

|quoted:

I'm hoping to take the introduction to bladesmithing class from February 25 to March 8. For those that have been there which hotel is the best? Are there things to do in the area over the weekend? I'll be driving so transportation wont be a problem. Thanks

I stayed in the Hampton Inn in Texarkana, AR and drove to Washington daily. The hotel cost less and there was more to choose from in the evening - restaurants, 4-Corners State Fair Grounds, rodeos... I also enjoyed the Washington museum of knives and guns and the Bowie knife exhibit room in Little Rock.

[email protected]

Posted : 04/12/2018 10:34 am
Topic starter

Thanks Jesse for the reply!

Posted : 04/12/2018 2:11 pm
Topic starter

Made the call yesterday and found out that there are still spots available for the class. Checks is in the mail, and I'm already excited to learn how to forge!

Posted : 07/12/2018 12:00 am
BrionTomberlin

Great Ty, I look forward to meeting you and having you as a student. The school is about eight miles north oh Hope. Most of the students stay in Hope. You have a number of hotels clustered right around the interstate. Both the Best Western and Super Eight offer discount rates for ABS students. You have to call to get them. There is also a Hampton and Holiday Inn Express along with a Days Inn. For things to do around there. There is the museum in Old Washington and the Arkansas state museum about an hour and a half up the road in Little Rock. There are other things we can talk about in class. Going to be fun. See you there.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 07/12/2018 9:20 am
Share: