Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Video- Layout And Design Tips For Making A Frame Handle By Bruce Bump, Ms

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

ABS YouTube Channel - Layout and Design Tips for Making a Frame Handle by Bruce Bump, MS

Master Smith Bruce Bump shows his techniques for the layout and design of a frame handle knife in this video. By the way, Bruce will be presenting this complete demo at this year's Southern Alberta Hammer-In in June in Tilley, Alberta, Canada.

[/center]

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 03/03/2014 11:43 pm
Steve Culver
Prominent Member Master Bladesmith/ABS Instructor

Great video!!

Thanks to Bruce and also Dan for creating it!!!

Posted : 04/03/2014 9:34 am
Rob Watson

thanks for posting Dan , great video , thanks Bruce for the info , sketching at my table as we speak !!

[font="Comic Sans MS"]'Never Quit On Improving'[/font]

Posted : 04/03/2014 12:25 pm
Rob Watson

......Bruce (among others) I took your advise, sketched and erased, and again.....put it aside for a bit......went and worked in the shop for a bit, came back, had a coffee , slept on it , LOL, and just now grabbed the pencil and eraser again, getting close I think , any input is very welcomed........now I have a couple days to ponder as I'm off to Vegas this afternoon for the Mine Expo....

[font="Comic Sans MS"]'Never Quit On Improving'[/font]

Posted : 05/03/2014 12:53 pm
Bruce Bump

Hi Rob, sorry I'm a couple months late to this party.. Your drawing looks good to me. I see you have dimensions added resembling a true plan or blue print. Did you build this Bowie? I,d like to have a look at the finished knife

Bruce Bump, Master Smith

Full Time Knife and Pistol Smith. Living the Dream.

Posted : 23/06/2014 1:36 am
Share: