11Th American Bladesmith Society Knife Exposition

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

11th American Bladesmith Society All Forged Blade Exposition

January 25 and 26, 2014

The 2014 American Bladesmith Society's all forged blade EXPO is the premier show for hand forged blades. From utility blades, to the finest forged and crafted art knives, the ABS EXPO has something for everyone. The show is held in San Antonio, Texas, the home of the Alamo.

See some of the world's finest forged knives showcased in a unique and informative format for the enjoyment of the forged blade collector/enthusiast by American Bladesmith Society Mastersmiths and Journeyman Smiths.

Drury Plaza Hotel Riverwalk

105 South St. Mary's Street

San Antonio, Texas 78205

www.druryhotels.com

For reservations call: 1-800-325-0720

(Note: Expo room rate - $139 for reservations made by December 22nd use code #2156409 for the American Bladesmith Society)

Point Seven will be available for your photography needs and has a DVD Show special, Click: "The Art of Knife Photography"

For more Information Contact:

Harvey Dean (512) 446-3111 or Email [email protected]

Steve Dunn (270) 563-9830 or Email [email protected]

[media] http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Gk8lsp5_9HU [/media]

For the latest Information on the January 25-26, 2014 ABS Expo go to the Show website: http://www.absknifeexpo.com

Judging for Master Smith and Journeyman Smith Ratings in San Antonio

ABS bladesmiths who plan to be juried for the MS or JS rating at the 2014 ABS Exposition in San Antonio, Texas on January 25, 2014 need to contact our Webmaster Dan Cassidy at least 30 days prior (December 27, 2013) to let him know that you will be presenting your knives. We need to check the ABS membership records in advance and to verify your ABS join date, school attendance date if applicable, dues payment record, and obtain a copy of your Performance Test Certification Form. I will then prepare and certify a list of eligible candidates for the Judging Panels.

The Judges have requested that the candidates be advised that “the judging rooms will be closed at 8 a.m. sharp on Saturday morning January 25th, and no one will be admitted thereafter until the judging is completed.” You should arrive at the judging room early and it may be best to arrive at 7:30 a.m. with your five (5) presentation knives, performance test knife, and original Performance Test Certification Form.

Both Journeyman and Master Smith judging will be held in Meeting Room #41, River Level at 8 am on Saturday morning, January 25th.

Please contact Dan Cassidy at [email protected] to advise us of your intent to present your knives to the Judging Panel in San Antonio, Texas.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 06/07/2013 5:15 pm
New Member Guest

Whats the best rate anyone has found so far? Looking at their website, $169.00 a night is it.

Posted : 11/11/2013 11:48 am

Room rate for the Expo is $139 for reservations made by Dec.22,2013 use code #2156409 mention the American Bladesmith Society. Check out the website for the expo www.absknifeexpo.com Hope this helps.

Larry Fuegen

Master Smith

Posted : 01/12/2013 9:33 pm
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

2014 ABS Exposition Seminars

Presenters

Roger Green-Antique Bowies

Steve Schwarzer-Mosaic Damascus

Bill Ruple-Slip Joint Folders

Jason Knight-Forging to Shape

Wade Colter-Cut and Shoot

BR Hughes-Jim Bowie

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 06/12/2013 1:15 am

That's a great lineup for topics and presenters this year. Hope everyone is getting their knives ready and I know some new collectors plan to come.

Larry Fuegen

Master Smith

Posted : 19/12/2013 10:07 am
Mike Deibert

Anyone looking for a roommate for San Antonio? I have a room reserved with two beds and I'd like to share the cost if someone is up for it. If so, let me know.

MIke Deibert

[email protected]

Posted : 31/12/2013 11:09 pm
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

I was notified this afternoon by ABS Chairman Joe Keeslar that there has been a change in rooms and the Journeyman and Master Smith judging will be held in Meeting Room #41, at 8am on Saturday morning, January 25th.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 05/01/2014 11:58 pm
Share: