Notifications
Clear all

Hello From Lawrence, Kansas

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
Ryan Gean
Topic starter

Just wanted to say hi and thank everyone in advance for all I'm sure to learn from your shared experiences and knowledge. I was introduced to ABS by Jim Sowers after being referred to him in my search for bladesmith education. He's been incredibly helpful in pointing me to several resources for learning.

A little about me: I'm a 32 year old father and new homeowner. My new home has offered the space and opportunity to start learning this craft I've always admired greatly, BLADESMITHING! I honestly do not have much experience in metal working but I am a collector of knives and have had an attraction to them ever since I was a boy whittling with my granddad. I still have the first blade he ever gave me and it's one of the most important things I own.

Where I lack in experience, I hope to compensate in enthusiasm to learn. As I grow, I hope to share and help others as well.

Posted : 21/08/2019 12:09 pm
Joshua States

Welcome aboard Ryan. As you start out, you will probably have a lot of questions about equipment, tooling, and shop layout. There are a lot of threads on these subjects already, so start looking for them and start reading! If watching videos is your preferred method of info consumption, check out the ABS youtube channel. Don't forget to post pics of your progress and efforts. Glad to have you on the forum.

Joshua States

www.dosgatosforge.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJMFMqnbLYqv965xd64vYg

https://www.facebook.com/dos.gatos.71

Also on Instagram and Facebook as J.States Bladesmith

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 21/08/2019 8:32 pm

Welcome to the ABS Ryan - nice to have you here.

Posted : 21/08/2019 9:16 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Ryan

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

Posted : 21/08/2019 11:22 pm

Welcome to the ABS!

Posted : 22/08/2019 12:47 pm

Welcome to the ABS Ryan!!

Want to see more of my work follow me on Instagram:JasonVolkertKnives

Want to get in touch with me [email="[email protected]"]Email[/email] me.

Posted : 22/08/2019 9:30 pm
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith

Welcome To the ABS!

Posted : 22/08/2019 11:39 pm
Ryan Gean
Topic starter

Thank you all

Posted : 24/08/2019 4:45 pm
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith

Welcome to the ABS

E William "Pitt" Moore

Fiery Pitt Forge