Notifications
Clear all

Hello From N. Louisiana

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hey everyone. I'm Jason Cohenour and I live close to Monroe, LA. I am 50 years old and full time in the IT field / financial industry.

I started my journey about 1 1/2 years ago by taking an into to blacksmithing class taught by Lyle Wynn. I have so far worked on blacksmithing, welding and setting up my shop. I have made a few knives, including a chef, and hand forged small knives from railroad spikes and rebar. Now, I am going to focus on forging knives from 1080-1095 and 5160.

I am also interested in doing a couple of quick builds using Japanese blade stock, as desire to have an authentic piece to work from. For this type project, I am interested in fit and finish.

I am also a newer member of the Louisiana Artists & Metal Smiths Association.

I am interested in learning from fellow Bladesmiths and would like to visit in person and attend events. I am also interested in attending instructional classes 1 or small group.

The Bill Moran School is only a few hours drive, but it would be hard for me to conform to a solid 2 week course. I week would be max, as I like my job $$$.

Posted : 05/02/2021 7:00 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Jason

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

Posted : 06/02/2021 7:56 pm
Share: