Notifications
Clear all

Hello From Nc Foothills

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

New Maker in WNC Foothills. Been working approximately1.5 years @ Tryon Arts + Craft Center under the guidance of Gerry Drew and Billy Saylers (and tons of You Tube/Forums). Since my wife surprised me with a Birthday gift for a Blacksmith Knife Class with Gerry I have become addicted to forging knifes and Blacksmith items

I have completed a dozen or so knifes and have a nice growing starter shop at home. Looking forward once Covid is over to more advanced classes to include some at the Waynesville CC location (1.5 hrs away). Primarily weekend workshops like Ken Halls Leather class are on my list and possibly the 2week course in the next couple of years

Looking forward to be a member of the organization/forum

Semper fi

Branson

Posted : 06/07/2020 5:14 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

David

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

Posted : 06/07/2020 8:41 pm
BrionTomberlin

Welcome David. It is good to have you in the ABS and the forum.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 06/07/2020 8:56 pm

Welcome David

Ken

Posted : 07/07/2020 2:29 pm

Welcome here David - nice to have you.

Posted : 08/07/2020 8:39 am

Hello Branson - Have you visited the John C. Campbell Folk School? Sounds like they are in your neck of the woods. They offer occasional bladesmithing classes, but skew more towards traditional blacksmithing. The facility and people are top notch. Classes are nixed for 2020 due to COVID, but well worth a visit in the future if you haven't checked them out.

Best - Jake

Jacob T. Lutz

Posted : 08/07/2020 11:56 am
Topic starter

|quoted:

Hello Branson - Have you visited the John C. Campbell Folk School? Sounds like they are in your neck of the woods. They offer occasional bladesmithing classes, but skew more towards traditional blacksmithing. The facility and people are top notch. Classes are nixed for 2020 due to COVID, but well worth a visit in the future if you haven't checked them out.

Best - Jake

It is on my list for some of the blacksmith classes and staying at the campus looks like a treat

Posted : 08/07/2020 3:07 pm
Share: