Notifications
Clear all

Hi Everyone I'm From Oklahoma

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have been making knives now for two years and I have decided I better start taking it to the next level. I was just recently on a new show and for the first time I got to really put my knife to the test! I have done both stock removal and hand forged knives. I have made all my equipment to include a coal and propane forge, and two versions of a 2x72 belt grinder. I'm learning new skills and techniques from Bladesmiths here on Oklahoma every chance it get. I thank you all for the opportunity to join ABS and am looking forward to learn and grow even more.

Posted : 28/04/2018 3:02 am
BrionTomberlin

Welcome to the forum and the ABS Casey. Sounds like you are on your way. Let us know how we can help. Also next Saturday, the 5th, at Ray Kirks shop there is the KGA shop tour and hammer in. Starts at around 9:30 and goes to 4:00 or so. I did not know if you knew about it, but it is a good way to meet other makers and learn some things too. Let me know if you need the information.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 28/04/2018 9:26 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Casey

Welcome to the ABS and Forum, see you around.

Anthony

Posted : 28/04/2018 11:06 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Welcome to the forum and the ABS Casey. Sounds like you are on your way. Let us know how we can help. Also next Saturday, the 5th, at Ray Kirks shop there is the KGA shop tour and hammer in. Starts at around 9:30 and goes to 4:00 or so. I did not know if you knew about it, but it is a good way to meet other makers and learn some things too. Let me know if you need the information.

Brion

Posted : 15/05/2018 5:19 am
Topic starter

Thanks Brion, sorry I couldn't make it the event at Ray's. I was on military duty that weekend. But now that its warming up I'm sure there will be more events to come.

Posted : 15/05/2018 5:21 am
Topic starter

|quoted:

Casey

Welcome to the ABS and Forum, see you around.

Anthony

Posted : 15/05/2018 5:22 am
Topic starter

Hi Anthony and thanks for the welcome. It's about dang time I got started with the ABS. And next time I see you at one of the meetings you can bet I'll have some more questions for ya.

Posted : 15/05/2018 5:25 am
Share: