Notifications
Clear all

New Member From Baltimore Md

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello from Baltimore Maryland,

I've made knives for fun off and on for the last 15 years, mostly stock removal. Three years ago I started a nonprofit tool lending library in the city and it has evolved into a public workshop and a center for all different types of classes.

My interest in making knives led us to develop a chef's knife making class that has become one of our most popular classes. Its a simple class but participants design, shape, grind, heat treat, handle, and sharpen.

Its also really got me back in the shop working hard and trying to learn more. I'm excited to learn from this group and hopefully at some point be able to contribute.

I attached a photo from the last class, two actual chefs took the class to make knives for work, it was an awesome learning experience for me.

Thanks,

John

Posted : 20/10/2015 11:02 am

Welcome to the ABS and forum Mr. Shea. With your years of experience I'm sure you have valuable info already that could benefit others, weather it's layout and design, grinding, heat treat etc...Your Chefs knives look really good and I look forward to seeing more .

Posted : 20/10/2015 11:32 am
Admin_DJC305

John

Welcome to the American Bladesmith Society and the ABS Forum.

Your non profit activities and teaching will certainly fit well within the ABS's Mission of Education and we are glad to have you as a member.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 20/10/2015 12:44 pm
New Member Guest

Welcome John. Glad to have you here.

Chris

Posted : 20/10/2015 3:44 pm
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcoming everyone, I'm happy to be here.

Posted : 20/10/2015 4:34 pm
Estimable Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Welcome John. Nice looking chefs knives.

Posted : 20/10/2015 9:00 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Welcome John. There is so much experience and knowledge from so many members that are always willing to help. That is what sets the ABS apart from all the rest.

Pass It On.

Posted : 20/10/2015 11:31 pm
Share: