Notifications
Clear all

Hello From Lynchburg Virginia

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello To All,

I am excited to join this elite group of bladesmiths. I have been making knives via stock removal for a number of years, however lately it has seemed to mechanical and less exciting. I always wanted to forge knives and perform other blacksimths tasks, this summer my wife bought me a two burner gas forge. I spent most of the last months gathering my tools and setting up shop. I only forged one knife so far but will start another one this weekend.

I want to thank all of you for the information I gathered as a visitor and felt it necessary to contribute, at least in the fields I am familiar with as a stock removal knife maker. I hope to continue my education in this field and my long term goal would to become a Master Smith.

Looking forward to many years communicating with you all. Attached is my first forged knife minus the final sharpening.

Dean

Posted : 22/10/2015 12:14 pm
Lin Rhea

Welcome Dean. We're glad to have you here with us. Please join in or ask a question if you need to.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 22/10/2015 3:05 pm
BrionTomberlin

Welcome Dean. It is good to have you on the forum and in the ABS. Any questions, just let us know. This forum is a great source of information.

Welcome again.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 22/10/2015 10:03 pm
New Member Guest

Welcome to the ABS and the ABS Forums. We do have the best group of people in the knife world.

Chris

Posted : 22/10/2015 10:11 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Welcome Dean. If you can, make a date to go to a hammer-in. Besides meeting some grate people, you can learn so much more.

Posted : 22/10/2015 11:29 pm
Admin_DJC305

Dean

Welcome to the American Bladesmith Society and the ABS Forum.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 23/10/2015 12:09 am
Topic starter

Thank you all very much going out to the workshop now, spent a lot of time on the Fourm yesterday and can't wait to fire at the Forge.

Posted : 23/10/2015 8:37 am
Topic starter

|quoted:

Welcome Dean. If you can, make a date to go to a hammer-in. Besides meeting some grate people, you can learn so much more.

Thank you Anthony, Clyde NC is only four hours from my home so I'll keep my eye on the calendar.

Posted : 26/10/2015 1:43 pm
Share: