Notifications
Clear all

1075 Stag Bowie

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Finally Finished this one up this weekend...

Posted : 31/03/2014 4:21 pm
BrionTomberlin

Love the blade shape Gregory, and of course stag is always good. Can you get us a shot of the handle guard area?

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 31/03/2014 8:13 pm
Rob Watson

nice work Gregory

[font="Comic Sans MS"]'Never Quit On Improving'[/font]

Posted : 31/03/2014 9:40 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Love the blade shape Gregory, and of course stag is always good. Can you get us a shot of the handle guard area?

Brion

Thank you guys! I will put some up tonight brion

Posted : 01/04/2014 8:25 pm
BrionTomberlin

Okay thats what I was thinking of Gregory. Like I said, like the blade shape and the stag. I like the shape of the guard, although I would have probably made the top part of the guard the same shape as the bottom, with the point. This would carry the design through in my opinion. I would also put a spacer between the guard and the stag. This would provide a transition from the guard to the stag handle. This is just my personal opinion and taste. I like that you filed the buttcap to match the stag. Nice large bowie, keep up the good work.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 01/04/2014 9:19 pm
Topic starter

Got ya brion, and thank you for the input. This is my first Bowie and my first stag handle. A spacer would have been nice. Also your concept on blade to gaurd flow makes perfect sense to me. I can't wait to build another one. Thank you again!

Greg

Posted : 01/04/2014 10:44 pm
BrionTomberlin

You are welcome Gregory, glad to do it.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 01/04/2014 11:30 pm
Share: