Damascus Hunter

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Posted : 22/03/2014 9:29 pm
New Member Guest

Hey Gregory,

Geesh it's difficult to really see the details of knives in so many of the photos on this board. Something to do with the limitations of file size and resolution I guess? Or...you just posted a funky photo?

Did you have any comments to make or question to ask? Guess I'm not really clear what this forum section is all about.

Does the basket weave refer to the steel or the handle or both?

Looks like you did well...from what I can see.

Aloha, Phil

Posted : 25/03/2014 2:44 am
Rob Watson

|quoted:

Hey Gregory,

Geesh it's difficult to really see the details of knives in so many of the photos on this board.

Aloha, Phil

I would have to agree Phil......larger pics would be nice even when viewing makers albums I find the pics hard on the eyes at times.......

[font="Comic Sans MS"]'Never Quit On Improving'[/font]

Posted : 26/03/2014 4:57 pm
Admin_DJC305

Phil and Rob

Many times it is "operator error". I have the ABS Forum (board) configured to limits to accept photos as large as 800x800 and under 140k in size. Please take a look at my post from yesterday featuring the 2014 ABS Auction Knives and see the clear the details of the knives, Click: 2014 ABS Auction Knives These photos were shot by professionals at Point Seven Studios (Eric Eggly) and Chuck Ward and I configured the very large files (80mg) to within our limits and the photos you see are 640x800 and under 140k. What do you think of the quality and the display detail?

ABS Forum Moderator Steve Culver wrote and posted a detailed tutorial on how to configure and post photos on the internet and posted it on the ABS Forum. This is a skill that all of our members need to learn and master. I cannot tell you how many hundreds of hours Steve Culver, Brion Tomberlin, and I have spent over the years on photos posted by our members. We work as volunteers and are not reimbursed by the ABS for any of our expenses for computer hardware, software, training, supplies, or travel. We are here simply to further the educational mission of the ABS and to serve our fellow members in the ABS.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 28/03/2014 11:04 am
New Member Guest

Thanks for the info Dan. Ya those auction knife photos are fine. Here's a link to that "editing photos for the internet" thread. Sorry for the thread drift Gregory, but if it helps us to see better images of your deserving knife it'll be worth it!

Posted : 28/03/2014 1:14 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Thanks for the info Dan. Ya those auction knife photos are fine. Here's a link to that "editing photos for the internet" thread. Sorry for the thread drift Gregory, but if it helps us to see better images of your deserving knife it'll be worth it!

its quite ok guys...I tried a bunch of stuff to make the photo better. seems like every time i made the file just a little smaller, the picture would suffer. Not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point. I'll see if I can fix it so you guys can see the detail. thank you

Greg

Posted : 31/03/2014 3:43 pm
Share: