Notifications
Clear all

Great Knife Critique Opportunity At Spring Piney Woods Hammer-In

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Mike Williams
Topic starter

The ABS Piney Woods Hammer-In is this weekend in Old Washington Arkansas.

In addition to the demo's and exchange of ideas it will be a great opportunity to have your knives critiqued by several Master Smiths.

If you are headed to Atlanta to test this year this is a must do.

If you just want some good pointers on your work and to see where you are at; AND HOW TO CORRECT IT; this is a very good way to get it done.

Bring your knives; look, talk, ask. Real low key and laid back.

See you there.

Mike

Mike Williams

Master Smith

Posted : 23/04/2014 8:41 am
BrionTomberlin

I am with Mike on this one. A good number of Master smiths will be there and it is an excellent time to get your knives looked at and critiqued. Plus if there are any issues you have time to fix them before Atlanta. Looking forward to it. See you all there.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 23/04/2014 11:09 am

What a great opportunity. There really is something meaningful when you can have a great maker (not to mention several...) look at your knife and provide quality feedback. I'm a LONG ways from the hammer-in, but thank you to those of you who are so willing to help guys like me out. Every once in a while, I try to think about how much worse the stuff I make would be without all the help I've received along the way. I have immense respect for those makers who started doing this years before forums like this with no one to give them advice. Hope the hammer-in goes well for you all.

Jeremy

Jeremy Lindley, Apprentice Smith

Posted : 23/04/2014 11:26 am
BrionTomberlin

Thank you Jeremy. One thing to remember we have all been there, gone through all the same challenges. If we can help somebody with our experiences, glad to do it.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 23/04/2014 9:12 pm
Share: