Notifications
Clear all

Building My First Ribbon Burner, Seeking Advice

17 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

so not been on the forum for like a year or so now. This forge came out an absolute beast guys, I recently picked up a big blu 50 ton and have been putting this forge thur it's paces. I can get 30 lbs of steel up to welding temp in about 30 minutes on 1/2 lbs of fuel pressure off a 3/8" fuel line. It will probably do it fast if a turned it up to 1.5 lbs but I do not want to heat that much material to quickly and burn things. It is controllable enough I can ramp it down in the 1000-1200 deg range and let mogume gane soak and nothing goes liquid. It came out well enough I built my friend Randy Haas and improved version of mine for his shop and that one landed at his shop last wed :-). Could not be happier with it

Minimum Effort = Minimum Results every time

Posted : 14/10/2020 12:00 am
Topic starter

|quoted:

So those of you who use the ribbon burners does anyone have a design that works well? Also what diameter is your forge and how long is it? I am thinking of building a ribbon forge and any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

my forge honestly is kinda large by some standards, it is a 29" body with a directional 20 inch ribbon that pushes to the back. If your not going stupid big like I did and say a 12 inch ribbon burner there are a ton of you tube video's on how to build them.

Minimum Effort = Minimum Results every time

Posted : 14/10/2020 12:02 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: