Notifications
Clear all

Second Time Forging 80Crv2

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

so I have been advised to post wip as I am working, so this is as far as I got this morning then ran out fuel so not much more will happen until Monday when propane place is open again. Completely forgot to forge in the ricasso but at least it is mostly straight. Any advise to make it more efficient working is always welcome, this took me 30 - 45 minutes to forge from flat stock.......

Attached files

Minimum Effort = Minimum Results every time

Posted : 30/03/2019 12:14 pm
Lin Rhea

It looks like a nice start.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 01/04/2019 8:04 am
Karl B. Andersen

Repetition is your friend.

The more and more you do it, it will become easier to take what is in your mind's eye and repeat that on the anvil.

Be emotionally prepared to fill a large bucket with blades that don't make the cut.

At the same time, don't be afraid to use that belt grinder when you get in the shop.

Karl B. Andersen

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 01/04/2019 8:21 am
Topic starter

this one is real close to a musso pattern I cut out of some aluminum plate, now that I am on this path the forging them to shape vs stock removal is more important to me......finding the time saved on one end is just added to the other end. Tomorrow this one will see the grinder, I have a 3 in ABS tube with a rubber test cap I use for vinegar soaks. It has been bathing for a couple of days. Thx for encouragement guys, will show more when I get started back on it, need to refill the propane as well 🙂

Minimum Effort = Minimum Results every time

Posted : 02/04/2019 12:30 am
Share: