Notifications
Clear all

JS Testing Locations

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

Is there a list of master smiths and their locations who do the journeymen testing. I'm located in Lancaster county, Pa. 

Posted : 20/11/2021 6:02 pm
Kevin R. Cashen
Estimable Member Admin

Here is a list of all current ABS Master Bladesmiths in Pennsylvania:

Gary D Anderson
Greg Gottschalk
J Neilson
E Jay Hendrickson
David Rudat

Posted : 20/11/2021 6:49 pm
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

The ABS website has the list with published contact information: Member Directory- Master Bladesmiths – American Bladesmith Society

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 21/11/2021 12:19 pm
Topic starter

Thank You

Posted : 21/11/2021 3:33 pm
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Kevin,

I saw your list of mastersmiths in pennsylvania.  I am an apprentice living in central California.  Can you provide a list of ms smiths in California?  The directory, unfortunately, doesn't list contact information for most of the bladesmiths.  I would like to be able to get an occasional critique, which can't be done from some pictures posted on the forum.  Thank you.

Posted : 15/10/2022 7:55 pm
Dennis P Tingle

I'm in central CA, we should get together. MS mike Vagnino is down in Visailia. Mike Quesenberry is in the upper Sierra and Henry Tores somewhere in the central valley.

Posted : 16/10/2022 11:01 am
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Dennis,

Sorry for the slow response, the ABS website is not exactly user friendly.  I am in central coastal California; I see you are in Jackson, which is about 2.5 hours away from me.  Unfortunately, all of the small number of master bladesmiths in the state are several-many hours away from me.

Posted : 19/12/2022 8:58 pm
Kevin R. Cashen
Estimable Member Admin

The ABS Website may not be everything to everybody, but the availability of contact information is not a website thing as much as a member thing.  We have had so many people unhappy with having their contact information publicly shared that we have had to be more protective of it, I personally don't understand how you can be in the business of selling knives and not want to share how to find you, but it is what it is. 

What we do have is a full listing of ABS rated smith by country or state here: Rated ABS Smiths by Location 

Posted : 21/12/2022 8:30 pm
Share: