Notifications
Clear all

Tuscaloosa, Alabama?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

So, I'm heading to a place just outside Tuscaloosa and will be there for a bit for work. Don't suppose anyone's around that area that wouldn't mind getting together? I always enjoy seeing/hearing how others do stuff and figured I'd check on here. I looked at the listed JS and MS folks on this site, but no one that I could tell was right near Tuscaloosa. That being said, I know there's a lot of good makers who don't have a stamp.

Jeremy

Jeremy Lindley, Apprentice Smith

Posted : 03/12/2011 5:49 pm
Dale Huckabee

Jeremy I'm not exactly close to Tuscaloosa but our forge council group meets the second Sunday of each month at Tannehill State Park near Tuscaloosa. We will be there the 11th for our regular meeting and Christmas party. You are welcome to join us. We will probably do a little forging, eat a lot, and have iron-in-the-hat. A couple of us make knives.

Dale

Dale Huckabee

Journeyman Smith

dalehuckabeeknives.weebly.com

Posted : 03/12/2011 6:37 pm
Topic starter

Dale-

Thanks so much for the invite-I may just take you up on it. I mapquested it and it looks pretty darned close to where I'll be-do you know what time the meeting will start and end? Not certain the amount of work I'll have that day, but imagine I should be able to get away for a bit and that meeting sounds like a lot fun. I've actually never been to a hammer-in or blacksmithing event, so this would be a pretty neat thing for me. By the way, what's "iron-in-the-hat"? Let me know any of the particulars and I'll see if I can't make it. Thanks again.

Jeremy

Posted : 03/12/2011 11:24 pm
Dale Huckabee

Jeremy, email me for details.

Dale

Dale Huckabee

Journeyman Smith

dalehuckabeeknives.weebly.com

Posted : 04/12/2011 8:41 am
RAY PIEPER III
Active Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Im about 1 hour and 45 min. from Tuscaloosa! south, near Selma, Al. How long will you be there! Ray Pieper

Posted : 08/12/2011 5:21 pm
Topic starter

Ray-

Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. My trip's already done and I was so busy, unfortunately I didn't even get to meet up with Dale. I sure appreciate your offer, though. If I'm ever back your way, I'll see about looking you up.

Jeremy

Posted : 17/12/2011 1:50 am
Share: