Notifications
Clear all

Hello From Dallas, Texas

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I actually live near McKinney, TX (North of Dallas). I made my first knife at 15 years old. Been out of knifemaking now for about 13 years. Just got started again this year, at the age of 41. I consider my knifemaking to be a serious hobby . This year I have taken 2 knife classes from Johnny Stout, and an ABS class (slip joint folders with Daniel Warren). I was at the most recent hammer-in, in Washington, AR.

Previously I was a stock removal only maker, specializing in fixed blade knives. This year I have finished 5 knives so far. 2 fixed blades, 2 liner locks, and a slip joint. I have scheduled ;ABS Intro to Bladesmithing, ABS Handles and Guards, Johnny Stout's slip joint folder class, and a liner lock class in NC. I realize now more than ever, that I have a great deal to learn.

The hammer-in was very encouraging for me. I look forward to being an active member.

Julious Griffith

Posted : 07/05/2014 11:02 am
BrionTomberlin

Hello Julious and welcome. It was good to meet you at the hammer in. Great weekend. So much information over those two days. If you have any questions or comments post them up and we will get to them.

Welcome again.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 07/05/2014 11:10 am
Admin_DJC305

Welcome to the ABS Forum Julious!

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 07/05/2014 12:25 pm
Robert Wright

Hi Julious,

Nice meeting you at the hammer in. Your folders were very nice!

Bob

Posted : 07/05/2014 9:58 pm
Noble Member Apprentice Bladesmith

Hello & welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have been & will be learning from the best.

All my best,

Gary

Posted : 08/05/2014 3:22 pm
Topic starter

Robert and Brion, I enjoyed meeting you as well.

Dan and Gary, thank you for the welcome. Hope to meet you both at a future event.

Posted : 09/05/2014 11:04 pm
Share: