Notifications
Clear all

Hello From East Texas

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Active Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

I've been a member for a few years but recently tested with Lin Rhea and got my JS stamp and decided to be a more active member. Im from Nacogdoches Texas and have lived in texas for my entire life I became an apprentice in 2017 and obtained my JS stamp at the 2023 Bladeshow. I pride myself on the forged blade and teaching others about bladesmithing and knife making. I originally got into knife making back in 2015 because I was a kid with unlimited internet access. I eventually found the abs and went to a hammer in the year I joined. You might have seen me running around with an abs magazine asking Master Smiths to sign it so im that guy.  

Posted : 25/07/2023 3:53 pm
BRION TOMBERLIN
Forum moderator Forum Moderator

Hey Kevin. Good to have you here. That was a nice set in Atlanta. Congratulations again! Are you going to be at the fall hammer in at Texarkana?

Brion

Posted : 26/07/2023 8:52 pm
Topic starter

From what I learned making my js set I'd say the biggest advice is just sit down and make them it can be kind of a bit undertaking and I basically took an entire month off from teaching classes and working on other knives to just focus on my set. Also hammer-ins are a great resource its literally just a weekend where you get to spend all day with your peers and everyone's awesome about sharing information. Yeah, lol I hear that too but as far as im aware we haven't been to the same family reunions, but I actually am a descendent of the house of burgess for those who still remember that section in history class. 

Posted : 27/07/2023 4:08 am
Topic starter

Hello Brion. Glad to be here I am aiming for it. It's been too long since ive been to one and im missing seeing everyone and not having to worry about a table. 

Posted : 27/07/2023 4:12 am
BRION TOMBERLIN
Forum moderator Forum Moderator

Great Kevin! Mike is already planning things for the weekend. It will be good. I know what you mean about having to take care of the table. It gets tiring. I will be down there the week before teaching an intro class and staying for the hammer in. It will be good to see you and Mike might put you to work. Lol.

Brion

Posted : 27/07/2023 9:23 pm
Topic starter

Just tell Mike to let me know how high he wants me to jump. 

Posted : 31/07/2023 4:05 pm
Share: