Notifications
Clear all

New member from Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico

7 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

Hi guys, mi name is Jose but everyone calls me Pepe. 

Mexican bladesmith trying to pursue knowledge, and want to take my skills to the next level.

been making knives and forging for 2 years now. sold a few.

I forge mostly kitchen / hunting knives.

looking forward to improve.

Posted : 24/02/2022 1:13 pm
Kevin R. Cashen
Estimable Member Admin

Welcome Pepe!  I can almost guarantee that I would enjoy your weather more than mine right now. 

Posted : 24/02/2022 1:41 pm
Topic starter

Posted by: @krcashenabs

Welcome Pepe!  I can almost guarantee that I would enjoy your weather more than mine right now. 

hahah definetly. in the summer we hit around 122 F, so not the best time to forge unless you have lots of water, beer and will.

🤣

Posted : 24/02/2022 1:55 pm
BRION TOMBERLIN
Forum moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome Pepe. I agree with Kevin. Nice high of 17 today here. Good to have you in the ABS and here on the forum.

Brion

Posted : 24/02/2022 10:09 pm

Posted by: @pepemartinez

hahah definetly. in the summer we hit around 122 F, so not the best time to forge unless you have lots of water, beer and will.

🤣

You probably save on forge fuel tho. Just put the steel out in the sunlight for a few minutes and it's near forging temp.

I lived in Yuma 5 years back in my Marine Corps days. 

Posted : 25/02/2022 11:38 am
Topic starter

Posted by: @steve-jackson
Posted by: @pepemartinez

🤣

You probably save on forge fuel tho. Just put the steel out in the sunlight for a few minutes and it's near forging temp.

I lived in Yuma 5 years back in my Marine Corps days. 

haha nice, Yuma is a 90 minute drive from here, and its pretty hot too.

Definetly my oil its at perfect temperature trought the day.

thanks for the warm welcoming.

Posted : 25/02/2022 12:45 pm
Topic starter

Posted by: @brion-tomberlin

Welcome Pepe. I agree with Kevin. Nice high of 17 today here. Good to have you in the ABS and here on the forum.

Brion

Thanks a lot, was thinking in joining for a few months, im a Quality engineer by trade, so the "degree" or competence by an association or a society is quite important.

Posted : 25/02/2022 12:47 pm
Share: