Portable Bandsaw Stand

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Evan Cihak
Estimable Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

Afternoon guys,

I'm wondering if any of you have advice for building a stand for a portable bandsaw? I'm getting mighty tired of going through hacksaw blades, and I'm ready to make the transition. There are lots of pictures of heavy-duty stands, but not many heavy-duty how-to's. Do any of you have a WIP on something like this? Or some good pictures I could use to build one? Are there any features that you would recommend? Things you would avoid?

Thanks so much in advance for the good advice.

-Evan L. Cihak

Evan L. Cihak

Posted : 23/01/2017 4:51 pm
New Member Guest

I need to get a stand made for mine also. I have been considering just buying one. I have seen them on that big bidding site. I visited a slip joint makers shop a couple years ago, he had on and it sure helped cutting out parts.

Chris

Posted : 23/01/2017 8:53 pm
Jeremy Bartlett
Active Member Admin

Ok, so here is what I did. I know it doesn't look great but it is very functional. Took some scrap wood and made a base then used some masonry screws to mount it to the block wall in my shop. Replaced the small work rest with a piece of 3/16 aluminum. I'll probably replace the aluminum with some steel plate at some point, the small shaving's from the metal scratch up the aluminum bad. Also added a foot pedal from harbour freight.

Attached files

Posted : 26/01/2017 5:21 am
New Member Guest

Looks functional enough to me.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris

Posted : 26/01/2017 10:02 pm
New Member Guest

I have found a couple of ideas on the Instructibles site ... made out of wood or metal, your choice! Do you need a link?

Posted : 16/02/2017 2:16 am
Thaddeus Stager
Eminent Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Here is a stand I made a while back

I went with 1/4" table top and a 2"x6"x1/2" plate plug welded to the bottom so it could be tapped and used to lock the saw in place.

The plate on the bottom also really stiffened the table up to keep things nice and flat.

I then added a box on the side with a switch and two outlets. Both outlets are controlled by the switch but the one only gets power when you engage the foot pedal.

I hope this helps,

Thad

Posted : 18/02/2017 7:21 am
New Member Guest

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Chris

Posted : 18/02/2017 11:15 pm
Jesse_Smith

Here's what I threw together. I use the band saw for other things sometimes, so I made it so the saw just sits in place and can be removed to be hand held.

Posted : 01/03/2017 12:15 am
Share: