Notifications
Clear all

Js Presentation Blades

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

The guidelines state that two of the five presentation knives must have blades 6” in length. Is this the cutting edge, front of the guard or otherwise?

I’m sure it is stated somewhere but I can’t find it. Thanks!! Joey

Posted : 21/05/2019 8:32 pm
BrionTomberlin

Joey, That would be from the front of the guard to the point. I believe.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 21/05/2019 9:29 pm
Topic starter

Thanks Brion!

Posted : 21/05/2019 9:41 pm
Mike Williams

On ABS main page; testing guidelines and rule changes.

Mike Williams

Master Smith

Posted : 22/05/2019 5:36 am
Lin Rhea

Joey, I might add that those blades should have blades, at least 6 inches. So it wont hurt to make them longer. This is, of course, to show that you're able to make the longer blades and have mastery over the issues that go with the longer blades. But It's not required to go longer.

As close to Blade Show as it is, I can assume you've got your knives finished and are choosing your lineup. I wish you the best sir.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 22/05/2019 9:01 am
Topic starter

|quoted:

Joey, I might add that those blades should have blades, at least 6 inches. So it wont hurt to make them longer. This is, of course, to show that you're able to make the longer blades and have mastery over the issues that go with the longer blades. But It's not required to go longer.

As close to Blade Show as it is, I can assume you've got your knives finished and are choosing your lineup. I wish you the best sir.

Thanks for the reply Lin! No I’m not presenting this time around, just trying to get my act together.

Posted : 24/05/2019 9:26 am
Share: