Notifications
Clear all

Jim Phillips - One Of The Best Friends The Abs Ever Had.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Kevin R. Cashen
Topic starter

It seems these darks times just keep getting darker, it is with great sadness that I type this message letting the ABS know that we have lost one of our longest and greatest supporters and friends. I have been informed that ABS board member Jim Phillips has passed away. I cannot, at this time, tell you how many years Jim was always there for the ABS, but I know that for as long as I have been around he has been there, helping in any way he could. He will be sorely missed.

"One test is worth 1000 'expert' opinions" Riehle Testing Machines Co.

Posted : 27/08/2020 9:25 am
Cindy Sheely

Hi All,

Here is the obituary for Jim Phillips:

Hi,

Can you please post something about the loss of our Board member, James Phillips. Jim was a board member since 1984. Here is the obituary

JAMES' OBITUARY

James Phillips, age 74, of Shamong, formerly of Williamstown, died August 25, 2020.

He began his working career as summer help at the Campbell Soup Company in Camden. He later became a police officer with Camden City Police Department where he served for 37 years, retiring as a Lt. Jim served most of his career as a member of the SWAT team as operator, supervisor, and later commander of the unit. He also worked for five years with Det. Robert Volpe of the NYPD on America's first art recovery team.

He is the owner of Phillips Publications, a company dedicated to the preservation of the history of U.S. Military elite units.

Jim was a member of the Chute & Dagger Assoc. and the Special Forces Assoc. He served on the board of directors for the American Bladesmith's Society and the Military Freefall Assoc.

He was predeceased by his fiance, Jacqueline White. Jim is survived by his wife, Karen; two stepdaughters, Dina Wentzell and JoAnne (Don) Peterson; two brothers, Joel (Maureen) Phillips and Albert (Ellie) Herman; one sister, Judy Steinberg; three grandchildren, Ashley (Tom) Beltrante, Elijah Robin Grewe, and Lillian Annemarie Grewe; and one great granddaughter, Giavonna Rose Beltrante.

Viewing will be Saturday 2-3pm at Norton Funeral Home 1232 S. Black Horse Pike Williamstown, NJ where service will begin at 3pm. Cremation is private. In lieu of flowers, family requests donations to Military Freefall Association, c/o Sgtm. Chris Bauer, 301 C St., Bldg #305, Yuma, AZ 85365.

To sign the guestbook visit www.nfhnj.com.

Cindy Sheely

ABS Office Manager

(419) 832-0400

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Posted : 27/08/2020 6:46 pm
Kevin R. Cashen
Topic starter

Thank you so much for posting Cindy.

"One test is worth 1000 'expert' opinions" Riehle Testing Machines Co.

Posted : 27/08/2020 9:25 pm
Share: