Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Denver

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Just got done finishing my first forged blade - about as much fun as I’ve ever had - and I’m ready for the next one. I feel lucky to be here. I’m ready and excited to learn as much as I can in the years ahead. 

Posted : 24/09/2023 10:35 pm
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith

Welcome Chris,
Are you brand new to knifemaking in general or just to the forged side of things?  Hang that first one on the wall and take notes.  What do you like about it and what would you change.  I'm pretty new myself and have what I think is number 22&23 overall in handle glue up right now (forged #8&9 I think).  About to start grinding my 2nd and 3rd hidden tang tonight.  

Ryan 

Posted : 02/10/2023 6:06 pm
Topic starter

Hi Ryan - I am literally one forged and finished blade into my journey. Forging two more blades this weekend. I’ve done some stock removal but not counting those bc my learning-curve was super steep. Those stock removal blades got shorter and shorter haha. I’ve been collecting some tools the last few weeks, so I’m hoping to pick up the pace in the next little bit here. Keeping it super simple and focusing mostly on hammering bevels and getting the heat treatment and quench right. Can’t wait to get to 20 blades. From where I’m looking, you are an expert 😂

Posted : 03/10/2023 9:23 am
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome and good luck on that hidden tang

Posted : 03/10/2023 9:26 am
Share: