Notifications
Clear all

Best of 2021 what ya got?

8 Posts
6 Users
9 Likes
Matthew Parkinson
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

I am a little late with this post this year. 

2021 was a strange one. all the rhythms of my life were missing of off beat. My self I have struggled to get things finished and out the door.  and because of that I don't have great shots of several of my best projects from the last year. https://www.instagram.com/p/CYMmEMUra2m/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link I did a lot of new things in 2021 hopeing for more of that in 2022. how about the rest of you?

MP

Posted : 18/01/2022 10:24 am
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

I was wondering if this thread would show up. Here is my best work of 2021. Some of them were started in 2020, mind you, but they all were finished in 2021.

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 18/01/2022 10:04 pm
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

And this little one is another of my faves from 2021.

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 18/01/2022 10:10 pm
Camille Sennegon
Active Member Journeyman Bladesmith

Hello everyone, my favorite might be this one. Even if the san mai is touching a bit the edge near the tip.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Camille Sennegon

Posted : 19/01/2022 8:20 am
Casey Brown

I will put a couple on to show.  Here is the first.

Casey Brown

Posted : 30/01/2022 1:40 pm
Casey Brown

Here is the second.

Casey Brown

Posted : 30/01/2022 1:40 pm
Zachary Robins
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Nothing fancy. Just gun blued 80crv2 with cactus juice stabilized oak handles. May not be the prettiest thing but it's comfortable to hold and fun to swing. 

Posted : 03/02/2022 9:31 pm
Casey Brown reacted
Karl B Andersen
Journeyman Bladesmith Forum Moderator

I don't know if it's the "best" knife of the year, but it's one I thoroughly enjoyed making and stands out in my mind.

The images are horrible - photo-wise - so I did the best I could:

[img] [/img]

Posted : 05/02/2022 9:23 am
Share: