Notifications
Clear all

Steeled Wrought iron Tomahawk

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

I have been experimenting with manipulating wrought iron and this is one of the examples. 

I'd guess wrought iron from around 1820 was part of the hand railing that used to be on the bridge. 

The insert is from a Heller Legend rasp. I heat treated it and it's not a case hardened unit. 

Posted : 17/09/2023 4:14 pm
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

I love using good quality wrought iron. That looks pretty cool. Did you punch and drift the eye or fold and forge weld it?

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 17/09/2023 10:59 pm
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

Hey Joshua,  I enjoy all forms of wrought iron.. even the really nasty stuff that likes to fall apart.. 

Thanks. came out as expected pattern wise so was excited about that.. 

I'm kinda old school so everything is wrapped and welded..  

thanks for checking in on my work..  Kinest Jennifer

Posted : 18/09/2023 8:41 am
Estimable Member Apprentice Bladesmith

Very nice

Bob Bryenton
Solar Storm Group Ltd.
Phone: (780) 953-0016
Email: [email protected]
https://www.solarstorm.ca

“The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible" -- Arthur C. Clarke

Posted : 19/09/2023 7:34 am
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

@jennifer Petrila wrapped and welded is serious work!  Well, axes in general are serious work.I'm gearing up again for a few axes myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 20/09/2023 11:45 pm
Share: