Clear all

Test run

6 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
BRION TOMBERLIN
Forum moderator Forum Moderator
Topic starter

This a test to see if I can upload a picture. Been having some issues lately with this.

Posted : 16/08/2023 8:38 pm
BRION TOMBERLIN
Topic starter

Well good! It appears to have worked.

Brion

Posted : 16/08/2023 8:39 pm
Bobby Best
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith

Glad it worked! Gorgeous dagger, too. I especially appreciate the pierced ricasso. I see that in a lot of the museum reference pieces I've found, but not so much with modern day knives. I think it adds a lot of uniqueness and flair. 

Posted : 17/08/2023 2:53 pm
BRION TOMBERLIN
Topic starter

Thank you! The guard spacers have alignment pins Michael. They are 1/16' dowel pins. Two for the top set and two more at the pommel. The holes are drilled through the spacers from top to bottom. The wire is soft fine silver that I twisted using a vise and an a cordless drill with a twisting bit I made. The handle was layed out with a Flournoy filing jig. You can do it with dagger handle twist plates and rubber bands too. Layout the lines and carefully file those layout lines. I use a modified hacksaw blade for the wire grooves. The hacksaw blade is marked with a depth line so I only go as deep as half the thickness of the twisted wire. Measured in thousandths. If all that makes sense.

Brion

Posted : 18/08/2023 9:14 pm
BRION TOMBERLIN
Topic starter

This picture gives you a better idea of what is going on Michael.

Brion

Posted : 19/08/2023 9:07 pm
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Nice one Brion!

Into the inspriation folder.....

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 06/10/2023 8:32 pm
Share: